Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Good Answer!

The next time someone asks me why I like flying upside down and doing spins, I have a new answer:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

The next time one of my older daughters rolls her eyes and says, "Oh, Mom, you're so 1980's," I'll reply:

Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what the heck happened.

And the next time I get the crazy urge to stand on a scale, I'll remind myself:

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.


Thanks to my sister Barbara for reminding me of these good answers.

No comments: