Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Look through the sunroof - there's the ground!

My formal aerobatic training began Sunday, Nov. 16 at LaPorte Airport. I flew Debby Rihn-Harvey's Super Decathlon and practiced the most basic maneuvers, loops, barrel rolls, and spins. This is the same airplane I used to compete back in May.











The Jan Jones Memorial Scholarship for aerobatic training is made available to one female each year who has a private pilot license or higher and who wishes to pursue aerobatics. The scholarship is kept up by Jan's parents and other donors. I applied for the scholarship and received it, contributing to the cost of this training. I really want to honor the memory and life of Jan Jones, and will give this training my very best effort. I am grateful to her parents for providing this opportunity.

I love doing aerobatics and really didn't want to come down. Looking forward to the next flight!

No comments: