Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Updates

I'll be entering the Air Race Classic again this year (www.airraceclassic.org). I have a different race partner this year and I hope to improve our finish over last year. We compared airplanes a few weeks ago, flying each against its race handicap and have agreed that with the handicaps assigned, her Piper Archer will likely fare better than our Grumman Cheetah. I'd sure like to get that 1st Place trophy!

The race route changes every year; this year we start in Denver, at Centennial Airport. The Archer will perform better there too. I have a few friends and family around Denver so should have some good "fan support".

Other than that, I'm still going round and round with the "publisher", still working at the same job as a paralegal, flying as often as I can, building time, trying to find time to take the check ride for my Commercial Certificate.

I have a new grandson, Liam - #4. Looks like I'm going to be able to squeeze in a quick trip up that way to see baby Liam this weekend. The other two grandsons are here in Texas. I took them to the zoo during their Spring Break... just "Nanny" (that's what they call me) and the boys, ages 6 and 3. I was a good grandparent. I returned them tired, dirty, and full of junk food.

No comments: